THE YIN SIDE SERIES: A Yoga practice for tension release, mindfulness and finding balance
YIN YOGA is a slower paced introspective practice that nourishes not only the body’s deeper connective tissues (fascial networks, joints, tendons, ligaments), but also the subtle (energy) body and (emotions) mind.
The YIN SIDE is the other half missing from our practice, as it offers us tools we need to still our busy lives and active minds. It helps us renew and recharge from yang (dynamic) activities and teaches us mindfulness and awareness techniques which help us better able to tap into our insight.
Each week we will explore different themes and areas of the body in a two hour yin yoga session to restore balance in the body and mind.
Week 1 - PAUSE - The shoulders, arms and wrists
Week 2 - AWARENESS –The spine
Week 3 - RELEASE – Hips and legs
Week 4 - BALANCE – The whole body
In this yin series you will get:
- breathing (pranayama) exercises
- comprehensive review of yin postures and set up
- get into the deeper connective tissues (facial networks)
- release of tension in the body
- stress reduction
- insight into self; self motivation
- greater strength in your ‘yang’ activities
- practical mindfulness techniques
- help maintain healthy joint mobility
- slow down bone degeneration
Explore what the YIN side has to offer. All levels welcome.